I know this is out of context. But if you search on "NIH rejections" this very depressing page comes up near the top of the list.
Steps for Rejecting an Application
- On the eRA Commons Status screen, click on Recent/Pending eSubmissions.
- Enter the requested Search Criteria and click on Search.
- Select “Reject eApplication” link in the Action column that corresponds to the application you would like to reject.
- Enter the comment to be sent with the email notification.
- Click Reject. The PI will receive an e-mail notification that the AOR/SO has rejected his or her application.
I will do this for my favorite competitor.